Topic: Jade Mountain / Yushan
Yùshān (玉山), also known as Jade Mountain or Mt. Jade, is the highest mountain in
an elevation of 3,952 meters. It has also been claimed to be the tallest
mountain in Northeast Asia.
Mt. Jade receives its name due to the fact that during the winter season, the
shines like stainless jade. Yùshān is one of the favorites among Taiwanese
The trail is well-maintained and there’s even a lodge (Páiyún Lodge, 排雲山莊) near
Tataka Visitor Center (塔塔加遊客中心) is the starting point of the trail. The trail is
kilometers long and takes about 19 hours to finish a round trip. Note: You need
to get a permit to
enter and climb. The visitor center is closed every second Tuesday of the month.
Also, there is no
convenience store, so you have to get your drinks and snacks for the hike from
LANGUAGE FOCUS 學習焦點
have been claimed to be …
--Coronado's beach has been claimed to be the "best beach of the United States.
--Olive Garden has been claimed to be the best Italian Restaurant of this town.
WORDS & PHRASES 詞彙片語
1. elevation [ˌɛləˈveʃən] (n.) 海拔；高度
2. claim [klem] (v.) （根據權利）要求；認領；主張[+to-V/that]]
3. snow-capped [ˈsno kæpt] (adj.) 積雪覆蓋的
4. peak [pik] (n.) （有尖峰的）山頂，山峰
5. stainless [ˈstenləs] (adj.) 未被玷汙的；無瑕疵的
6. well-maintained [wɛl menˈtend] (adj.) 維護良好的
7. lodge [lɑdʒ] (n.) 小屋
8. summit [ˈsʌmɪt] (n.) （山等）尖峰，峰頂[(+of)]
9. round trip [ˌraʊnd ˈtrɪp] (n.) 往返
10. permit [ˈpɝmɪt] (n.) 許可證，執照
Powered by Firstory Hosting