Question: Describe your favorite city or place. New York is my favorite city. I went to school in New York, and I have so many wonderful memories there. This city is situated on the northeast of the United States and has around 20 million people. People always say it’s a city that never sleeps. New York does have so many great things happening every day. Not only the financial capital of the world, this city also has many heritage listed buildings and museums that attract the tourists and visitors. The Empire State Building is one of the most recognized landmarks and is also a great place to visit.
LANGUAGE FOCUS 學習焦點
1. ... go to school in + place/city ...
I went to school in Tokyo, from 2006-2010.
2. ... have so many ... memories
I have so many fond memories of our time together.
3. ... be situated …
This house, which has four rooms and two bathrooms, is situated in the suburbs.
WORDS & PHRASES 詞彙片語
1. wonderful [ˋwʌndɚfəl] (adj.) 極好的
2. memory [ˋmɛmərɪ] (n.) [U] 記憶（力） [（+for）]
3. be situated on [ˋsɪtʃʊ͵etɪd ] (phr.) 坐落；位於
4. million [ˋmɪljən] (adj.) 百萬的
5. financial [faɪˋnænʃəl] (adj.) 財政的；金融的
6. capital [ˋkæpətl] (n.) [C] 首都；重要都市
7. heritage [ˋhɛrətɪdʒ] (n.) [U] 遺產
8. list [lɪst] (v.) 把…列入名單
9. recognize [ˋrɛkəg͵naɪz] (v.) 認出，識別[（+as）] （recognized 是動詞過去式、過去分詞）
10. landmark [ˋlænd͵mɑrk] (n.) [C] 地標
Powered by Firstory Hosting